VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    there are loads of threads on here abouyt this software but I can't seem to find what I need so I'm hoping someone can help!

I have successfully installed all of the drivers and Ulead software onto my XP operating system,

And both the Ulead Video Studio software and Windows movie maker start to capture fine with Audio, however, about 5 mins into the video, even tho the VHS continues to play, on both programs the viewing screen and timer freeze, when I try to stop the capture, the programs refuse to respond and I have to either go into task manager or shut my pc down completely.
    I've closed down all excess programs coz my pc speck is not brill, but it does meet the minimum specs listed on the accompanying CD.

Does anyone have any idea's why this might be happening and how to stop this?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. As far as I have read/seen about Easycap it is quite resource hungry and unless you are capturing for a You Tube upload, it isn't very kind to lower spec PCs.

There are several videos on You Tube about Easycap; the most informative I found being this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EfkfyFRcN4&feature=related

Hope that this helps.
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi and welcome to the forum.

what format are you capturing to? are you sure you have enough free space on the hard drive? is the hard drive formatted fat32 or ntfs? sounds like it ran into a error of some sort while writing the file.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote