VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I am new to the forum I came here from another forum I found by googling a little.

I Dont understand much about video things but I can defend my self, this time I have no clue of what to do.

I want to see series I have in english with spanish subtitles so I played the avi as always with the sub srt with the same name, just like I Did always but this time it wont play the subtitles. Is not a problem of the subtitles becuase my dvd recorder reads the subtitles perfectly.

I am using Windows 7 without ANY extra codecs, just the ones from built in in windows 7, I had tried with maedia player classic but it wont load the subtitles, please help when I had win xp I had no problems with this ok?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install VOBsub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can always try a player which doesn't depend on the system codecs/filters, like VLC. If you want to use Media Player Classic, install DirectVobSub/VSFilter as was suggested. You may also need to install Haali Media Splitter.

Also, you'll need to check Media Player Classic's video output options and make sure it's set to a mode in which it can indeed display subtitles (they're marked with at least one *, I believe. I'm at a system that doesn't (and can't) have MPC installed, at the moment, so I can't check.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thaks both of you, I had tried with vlc player annd now it plays subtitles, thanks a lot still I do not understand why this happen
    Quote Quote