VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been reading on here and maybe half understand some of this...let's see there are filters to remove noise, time base correctors or TBC, still not quite sure what these do, video enhancers...kinda confusing to a newbee,...I have some old videos, some on vhs and some on old dvd's that I would like to record over to new dvd's and I have a panasonic vhs/dvd recorder/player DMR-EA38V, records on dvd real nice from a good source, and I also have a JVC HRS 3900 Svhs recorder/player that has play setting for standard and sharp and they DO make a difference in the recording on the dvd, someone told me it had a built in TBC but I dont know....most of the recordings I want to record over and improve are lacking color and sharpness, not a great deal of chroma noise I think it's called and I don't really know what to get and use where to try and get the best recording I can without buying much more equipment.

I found this...would this be something like what I am looking for?

http://www.stardevelopment.com/stabilizer.htm

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The first aspect to look into is, are the programs/films in question available officially or from a better source as the work you have in front of you is quite time consuming. PM me if you like as I have quite the research history to call upon.

The 3900 does not have a tbc by the way.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote