VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Absolutely great product by the way. I have Vob2Mpg Pro and its fab.

My idea is ripping several scenes from several different dvds. A scene may be 10 chapters long. I want the scene in a single mpeg, not split. However, I want to keep the chapter markers. Ideally for them to be renumbered too, say I took chapters 28 through 38 I'd want them renumbered 1-10 instead, but I'll take what I can get if not!! I can't see a way to do this in the program. Is it possible?

Or can I make a note of where the chapter breaks are say and then input them in another program, such as DVD lab? Would I want to leave the original timestamps for this or recalculate them?

Or perhaps its easier to split the mpegs per chapter and then somehow combine them with another program? This would have to automatically create a chapter point as each mpg was joined?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chapters are in the IFO files and so are not in the resultant mpegs.... Therefore it is not really something the program can do.

You could do either of the latter options. In your example 28 - 38, you would just subtract the start time of 28 from all your numbers.

Many authoring apps will do the last thing. Any DVDAuthor based programs for example.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much for your help and your brilliant program

My idea for these DVDs is to eventually convert them to X264 MKV format. I just can't be bothered with that for now! So I want to keep their original quality intact, and only the scenes I want not the whole DVD, something for which your program is perfect.

I don't really want to mess around to much I want the least hassle, like your program. Which option is easiest for me then you think? And with a view to recreate the chapter markers in future (in consequent MKV files), does it really matter if I choose the option to recalculate GOP timestamps or not? I suppose it doesnt because as you said I can just subtract the start time of the original first chapter when inputting new chapter marks in whatever program I use?
    Quote Quote