VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heres what i have: mkv, avi, ac3, and sub files. the mkv and avi are videos of the same thing, but the mkv is better quality. the first audio track of the mkv and the avi are the same.

the avi file has a secondary audio track that i want to extract and add to the mkv file as a second audio track. i also want to add the ac3 file as a 3rd audio track to the mkv file.

the avi file has subtitles that i want to add to the mkv file, but the sub file has the same subtitles except it doesn't seem to sync up with the video when i play the mkv and sub file together in vlc.

to summarize, i want the video from the mkv file, the second track of the avi file, the ac3 file as the 3rd audio track and subtitles from the avi or the sub file.

so how would i go about doing this? a mac based solution would be preferable.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    load mkvmerge (in linux the command in mmg , the package is mkvtoolnix) and load all the files. select and de-select the tracks you don't want and hit merge the output should have all the tracks you selected in one nice container. enjoy
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dannyboy48888
    load mkvmerge (in linux the command in mmg , the package is mkvtoolnix) and load all the files. select and de-select the tracks you don't want and hit merge the output should have all the tracks you selected in one nice container. enjoy
    i'm not familiar with linux at all. is there another way?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html don't have a mac to test it on but same concept
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dannyboy48888
    http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html don't have a mac to test it on but same concept
    perfect! i had to find an .srt file online, but i have the file i wanted now! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Movin you to our MAC section.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    cheers for this app, the prog even helped me guess re-sync my 2nd audio track.
    Quote Quote