VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, im pretty new so some basic questions, does anyone have an experience with vegas movie studio?

I want to make an mp2 to put on youtube, but Im having problems making the movie file. When I use the make movie command, and burn to MainConcept mpeg2, the file appears on my desktop, when I try and play it with winamp the screen stays black and the timer sits at 00:00 - basically, nothing happens. When I open it with windows media player, a few messages about sending request for codec/error downloading codec appear and then an error message comes up.

Does this mean I have to download the MainConcept video codec? Don't I have to have the codec in the first place to burn to that format?? If this is the case, is this codec free and where can I get it from? And lastly, do I have to make the file with a particular codec in order to be able to upload it to youtube?

thanks in advance

phil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may mean you don't have an appropriate mpeg-2 decoder on your system.

A couple of things to test :

1. Media Player Classic. A single executable that doesn't need to be installed. This will play mpeg-2 files. Test play your files with this to confirm if the file itself is at fault.

2. Mediainfo. Will tell you about the file itself - what codecs are used, what the running time etc. Use this to see if there is anything in your file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote