VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello !

I have 2 FLV video files that i need to merge side by side. So third file should be created showing both videos (like a PIP effect).
    I understand that it's possible to do, but i don't know a freeware program to do the job.

Would you please someone indicate a freeware to do this ?

thanks !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks Baldrick.

I've installed the avisynth but i had little problem using it.
    after the instalation, i've created a text file with word "version" (as an example), opened win media player 11, trying to open the file that was just created, but then i got stuck and i was not sure how to proceed once this step didn't worked.
    would be possible to put here the correct steps ? or is there any additional software necessary to continue the process ?

thanks for your attention !!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok... i made a little progress ... and now i'm able to see both videos as one with the code below.

A=AviSource("C:\test\v2.avi")
    B=AviSource("C:\test\v1.avi")
    A=A.LanczosResize(320,240)
    A=A.AddBorders(0,0,320,0)
    B=B.LanczosResize(320,240)
    B=B.AddBorders(320,0,0,0)
    StackVertical(A,B)

which lead me to another 4 questions...

1) Can i do this without converting from FLV to AVI ?? in another words... can i use FLV direct instead of AVI ?

2) The videos are not side by side... they are one top and one on the bottom .... but they one aligned to left and one alined to right... would be possible to have both side by side ?

3) can v1 using 30% of the screen and the other one using 70% ?

4) would be possible to have an output video ? like v3 ??

I'm still working on this.. and as far as the progress shows up i'll be posting here... for while if anyone can contribute with one of the answers above, i would appreciate !

Thanks !!
    Quote Quote