I've been reading a few threads in here lately about alternatives to Dvd media backups and the use of HD's for storage instead of blank media...i'm for the media as i've been burning em since the dvd burning craze started in 2002 and my backups still scan and play great...my thoughts and idea(s) are this...Whats the possibility of having an app like Dvd Remake being able to author multiple dvd discs on an empty Blu Ray Disc(Blu Ray Remake)? Think of the possibilities...5 or 6 dvd movies authored into 1 25 gb disc..talk about the space and disc savings...obviously at this point easy Blu Ray authoring is still in its infancy...since we really don't have a fast BR re-encoding app like a Nero Recode(Dvd Shrink) it would take some time for coders/software guys to deal with this but is this a possibility and is this idea/function around the corner for the Video/Authoring/BR community?

basically what i'm doing is waiting on apps that tackle this BR thing to take shape...i have no BR Player/Burner or HDTV...but i look every day/week and wait for these apps to come about..when they do, and the consistency/reliability of the apps is solid, then i'll start investing in these products..until then, ima wait on my Blu Ray burning career

thoughts?