VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can I play avi files on my Vizio SV320XVT TV? I can connect my flash drive directly into the tv. When I try to play the avi files it tells me "video codec not supported." Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check in your TV's manual what kind of AVI is supported, then ensure that the AVI's you try to play conform to that spec.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Manual shows video encoders supported "H.264/AVC." How can I make the files conform to that spec? Is their software?
    Thanks for the response.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll just wait here then UnderSpaced's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I used XviD4PSP to convert video files for my Vizio TV. It was trial and error, but i think that the settings that finally worked for me were:

Format - MP4
    Audio - AAC
    Video - H.264 (Progressive - i don't know if that matters, but that's what i was using)

Just adjust the bitrates and aspect ratio to fit your needs.

*just tried it and worked fine on my Vizio TV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will give it a shot. I really appreciate your help. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. How exactly do you convert a file for play on a Vizio TV. I currently have VAF Player file that cannot be recognized when I plug my flash drive in.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Please don't dig up old threads...start a new one.

VAF Player is considered malware because of its behavior. It is advised that you remove it pronto.

http://ucomputernursing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/cannot-delete-vaf-player-virus-removal.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avi is not a codec. It's a container. A container is used by the software to know what audio/video codec to expect from the file. An avi file can have a number of codecs, though I've seen avi files with h.264 video in them. This is a sign whoever encoded it didn't know what the hell they were doing.

You do need to look up the supported codecs for your device in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Just load up a video on your computer that has an HDMI connection and then plug your computer into your TV, and presto, you can watch just about any video on your TV.
    Find an original remote for your consumer electronic product by checking out RemoteControlHookup.com
    Quote Quote  
  10. i have the same problem with my tv cant play avi ... for now any other extension are good ..t play t all
    Quote Quote