VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim BD-R 25GB 2X DataLifePlus White Inkjet Printable #96661 http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail.cfm?product_id=9D6006B0-1143-3415-5FCAA5596CB2...71AA4C27793D81

What ink jet printer prints on these? I'm not into Blu-ray, so this may be a dumb question, but I thought Blu-ray had a larger diameter disc than SD DVD and CD.
    Depends what the definition of the word inhale is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Blu-raydisc has the same physical dimensions as standard DVDs and CDs.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is probably a typical flat, not glossy, Verbatim disc surface for inkjet printers. It's not bad, but something glossy like Taiyo Yuden't Watershield brand looks nicer. I don't think TY makes any BluRay media for sale in the USA at this time so the Verbatims are probably as good as you can get.

aedipuss is correct. Standard CDs, DVDs, HD-DVDs and BluRays are all the same size.
    Quote Quote  
  4. TM700
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtQAtrstDb4&feature=related

The above one (Nimbie Sidekick) uses Epson to print directly on CD, DVD and BD (Blu-ray) discs. The printing job is automated for 100 discs. Refill the disc loader does not interrupt the printing job, easy to go a job of more than 100 discs if refill the loader before it goes empty...
    Quote Quote  
  5. The more expensive Epson printers like the Artisan series and up. A few pricier HP printers can also print CD/DVD. And some Canon printers can do it with modification. IIRC, you can buy a tray off E-Bay to make a Canon printer essentially a European model. A firmware or driver change may be involved as well, but someone will have to confirm.

The Epson Artisan 50 is about a hundred bucks and can do it. I got an Epson Artisan 725 all-in-one last month and am satisfied with it.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote