VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I converted some VOB files of a DVD into a single MPG file with VOB2MPG, now the converted file has no sound! What do I do now? Why wouldn't it have sound?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe you don't have a Directshow AC3 decoder? Open your MPG file with GSpot or MediaInfo. What do they say about the audio?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You would likely get more answers in the SVCD2DVD & VOB2MPG Forum. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Maybe you don't have a Directshow AC3 decoder? Open your MPG file with GSpot or MediaInfo. What do they say about the audio?
    Indeed - this is probably the issue... If it is the AC3Filter is what you need.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Going to try that now. Thanks so much for the help guys. I'll let all know if this fixes the issue. This forum is great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Maybe you don't have a Directshow AC3 decoder? Open your MPG file with GSpot or MediaInfo. What do they say about the audio?
    Indeed - this is probably the issue... If it is the AC3Filter is what you need.
    Installed the decoder and ran VOB2MPG and still no sound when it spits out the mpg, I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What does mediaInfo or Gspot say about the mpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What does mediaInfo or Gspot say about the mpeg?
    In Media info it gives the following info:

MPEG-PS: 3.23 GiB, 1h 32mn
    1 Video Stream: MPEG Video
    1 audio Stream: AC-3
    1 text Stream: RLE

First Video Stream:
    4 429 Kbps, 720*480 (4:3), at 29.970 fps, MPEG Video (NTSC) (Version 2) (Main@Main) (BVOP

First Audio Stream:
    384 Kbps. 48.0 Khz, 2 channels, AC-3

First Text Stream:
    RLE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audio definatly there then..... What are you trying to play it with?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio definatly there then..... What are you trying to play it with?
    I tried with windows media player as well as Nero Showtime and media player classic... no sound on any of them! Let me ask you this: if I write down all the exact times where I want to insert chapters in NeroVision. Then add chapters to the MPS in NeroVision... spit out to the desktop as a VIDEO_TS file, burn it to a DVD, will it be functional with sound when I play it on the DVD player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let me ask you this: if I write down all the exact times where I want to insert chapters in NeroVision. Then add chapters to the MPS in NeroVision... spit out to the desktop as a VIDEO_TS file, burn it to a DVD, will it be functional with sound when I play it on the DVD player?
    No idea... i have never used NeroVision.

I tried with windows media player as well as Nero Showtime and media player classic... no sound on any of them!
    Can you use MakeSample to create a 10MB sample of your mpeg and then email it to me?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me ask you this: if I write down all the exact times where I want to insert chapters in NeroVision. Then add chapters to the MPS in NeroVision... spit out to the desktop as a VIDEO_TS file, burn it to a DVD, will it be functional with sound when I play it on the DVD player?
    No idea... i have never used NeroVision.

I tried with windows media player as well as Nero Showtime and media player classic... no sound on any of them!
    Can you use MakeSample to create a 10MB sample of your mpeg and then email it to me?
    Sending it to you right now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ta
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still can't figure out why I have no audio even after installing AC3 decoder. Chrissyboy tried to help, I sent him a sample and he had audio on his end. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Maybe the decoder isn't installed properly? It looks like it is to me and configure settings were the same as ChrissyBoy's....
    Quote Quote  
  15. Do you see the AC3 filter icon in the system tray when you play the MPG file? If so, double click on it. If not, go to Start -> All Programs -> AC3 Filter -> AC3 Filter Config

On the Main tab check the Output format. Make sure it is right for your setup. For example, if you have just stereo speakers set it ti "2/0 - stereo".
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see the AC3 filter icon in the system tray when you play the MPG file? If so, double click on it. If not, go to Start -> All Programs -> AC3 Filter -> AC3 Filter Config

On the Main tab check the Output format. Make sure it is right for your setup. For example, if you have just stereo speakers set it ti "2/0 - stereo".
    When I play the file I do not see the icon in the system tray. I tried config for the decoder and all seems to be working properly, so I don't know what the problem is at this point.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have klite codec pack installed, could that be causing some sort of conflict?
    Quote Quote  
  18. On the System tab make sure that Show Tray Icon is enabled in the Interface Options section. If you don't see the icon in the Tray after that the filter isn't being used.

And yes, KLite could be part of your problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you install DirectShow Filter Manager and then give AC3Filter the maximum merit:

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you install DirectShow Filter Manager and then give AC3Filter the maximum merit:

I will try that tonight. Thank you for all the advice, this problem is quite strange!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM

Tried that and it STILL doesn't work! Weird.....
    Quote Quote  
  22. Have you verified what AC3 decoder is being used? What player are you using? Are you running a 64 bit OS?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you verified what AC3 decoder is being used? What player are you using? Are you running a 64 bit OS?
    I tried different players, I've been trying media player classic the most. I am running 64 bit OS, Vista. I believe now I'm using the AC3 filter from the K-Lite codec pack.

Here's a screen-shot of my codec manager:

[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Under 64 bit Vista you two completely separate systems, 32 bit and 64 bit. 32 bit players need 32 bit filters. 64 bit players need 64 bit decoders.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Under 64 bit Vista you two completely separate systems, 32 bit and 64 bit. 32 bit players need 32 bit filters. 64 bit players need 64 bit decoders.
    Darn.. well are there any 64 bit decoders for AC3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well yes there is... AC3Filter. Before we get into that, when you play the file in MPC, in task manager, what is the image name for the MPC process? In particular does it have a *32 at the end?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well yes there is... AC3Filter. Before we get into that, when you play the file in MPC, in task manager, what is the image name for the MPC process? In particular does it have a *32 at the end?
    Hello, yes it does have *32, here is what it reads exactly: mpc-hc.exe *32
    Quote Quote  
  28. If you're using MPCHC why don't you use its internal AC3 decoder?

View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters (box) -> AC3
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're using MPCHC why don't you use its internal AC3 decoder?

View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters (box) -> AC3
    I actually don't see that option in the Transdform Filters section within the options. Plus I'm trying to once and for all get the decoder right so that I can make a DVD with menus of it in NeroVision.
    Quote Quote