VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I saw the Samsung BD-P1590 for $99.99 on Compusa's website www.compusa.com . I called them up to see if they had any in stock, they said no. I went to the store any way and picked up a Samsung BD-P1590 for the same price $99.99.

Did I make a mistake; and should I go back and try to do an exchange of some sorts for the Samsung BD-P1590?

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: I noticed that the Samsung BD-P1500 has a USB 2.0 port and the Samsung BD-P1590 doesn't. Does the Samsung BD-P1590 support USB video play back. I have a 120GB Flash Drive so if it does that could be useful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is that business so hard-up for business that they need to post stuff like this on very popular forums?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Spam or not, it's worth noting that the BD-P1500 has a bit of an issue with not being able to play regular DVDs after a time. (just after the warranty expired in my case )

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bdp1500+nodisk

That's the last Samsung player I'll ever be buying...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very serious, lol. Not spam. Should I just keep the 500 or try to go with the 590?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems like I should go for the 590, but I can't be sure. Both players seem to have their problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Darkerknight123
    It seems like I should go for the 590, but I can't be sure. Both players seem to have their problems.
    Then don't buy a Samsung...buy another brand like Panasonic.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05757349000P?vName=Computers+%26+Ele ctronics&cName=Blu-ray+%26+DVD+Players&sName=Blu-Ray&filter=Brand|Panasonic

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+Blu-ray+Disc+Player+with+1080p+Upconversion/92...&skuId=9260685
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. The only reason for going for those players is really only for the price. There is also a Magnavox and a sharp for not much more.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. The only reason for going for those players is really only for the price. There is also a Magnavox and a sharp for not much more.
    The panasonic model was $119.99 but it's gone back up to $149.99. IMHO you should have bought it when it was cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol, yea. Ohh Well. I think the one I have now will probably do fine. I wasn't sure. I could prolly just upgrade in the future in it cuases me too many problems. Thanks.

But, Which one would you suggest the 1590 or the 1500? I want to be able to play BD-5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With the low rating of reviews they both have I wouldn't buy either of them.
    IMHO save up your and buy a Panasonic model.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Darkerknight123
    So I saw the Samsung BD-P1590 for $99.99 on Compusa's website www.compusa.com . I called them up to see if they had any in stock, they said no. I went to the store any way and picked up a Samsung BD-P1590 for the same price $99.99.
    I thought compusa went out of business and sold their name to a web based site only. Are they making a comeback?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrswla
    I thought compusa went out of business and sold their name to a web based site only. Are they making a comeback?
    They sold their website to another company. It's been that way for a long time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by budz
    They sold their website to another company. It's been that way for a long time.
    That's what I thought until I just went to their website. They have 28 US retail stores. Mainly in Florida, but a couple in IL, NC, TX, and DE.

Sorry to highjack this tread. So just to add something to the op, here is cnet's reviews bd-p1500 and bd-p1590. Both only get 2.5 stars out of 5. I agree with budz, save some money and buy a better player.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I agree, a Panasonic would be better. Or a Sony BDP-S360 (I have two). Wal-Mart had them for $118 bucks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but they're probably back up to ~$150.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help! It seems other>Samsung. Panasonic. I shall try to get one. I think it would be worth the little extra money then to have the Samsung break. But I'm stuck with it regardless because, when returned they charge a 15% restocking fee. So I will have to wait awhile before I get another player but, because of all your help It will not be Samsung.(not gonna pay 250$ for a high-end)

Quote Quote