VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I got this video from the official Avatar Movie website. The problem is that the video does not play smoothly. I imported the video in AVSEdit and applied the SeparateFields() command. Then I exported it using x264 in VirtualDub (see the sample in the attachment). When I watch the video frame by frame, some frames are blended and some frames are kind of double. What is the proper way to IVTC (I don't know whether this is the right term or not) this using avisynth?

Sample: sample2.avi

The final destination for the video is supposed to be DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if the sample is part of the original then it's not interlaced. if it's not the source then a sample of the original is needed.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I imported the video in AVSEdit and saved it with VirtualDub, so obvious it's not the original.

Link to the original file: Here
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your second link doesn't work. Not for me, anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry i should have read the first post more carefully. like manono says the link to the original doesn't work, but if it's really a youtube video then your source was progressive also and the bad encoding is already in it and can't be fixed.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now, the link doesn't work for me neither, I think it was in my cache temporarily.
    I got the original video from YouTube indeed (here). So I guess repairing it using AviSynth is no option.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can pull out the duplicate frames (and I would when reencoding), but as it's been deinterlaced already you can't unblend it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, using tdecimate(1,1,5) on the original does make the video play much smoother. Thanks.
    Quote Quote