VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I get some errors when trying to play some video files

Quote Quote  
  2. Probably the same error...

Quote Quote  
  3. All you can do is examine the files and figure out what's different about the files that cause the crash. Then fix them, convert them, stop trying to play them, fix your system, wait for an update to KMPlayer, or try another player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo
    All you can do is examine the files and figure out what's different about the files that cause the crash. Then fix them, convert them, stop trying to play them, fix your system, wait for an update to KMPlayer, or try another player.
    OK, will do that...thanks for the advice!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed this player a couple of days ago (because someone said it gave explorer the capability to see FLV thumbnails which it did not) and it took over every single media file on my PC. After uninstalling, it took a couple of hours to completely clean out the registry of all the crap it left behind and change all the file types back the way they were (doing a system restore did not help). This has to be the most intrusive player I've ever seen. It's even worse than Nero. Not just with hijacking file types but trying to install every toolbar it can. Damn! I just found another KMP folder the uninstaller left behind. What a POS software.

I guess I need to start using the "open with" registry hack to keep programs from changing my settings. I already know to use it when installing Nero but besides Nero, I haven't had this problem with software for almost 10 years.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unknown\shell\openas\command\

change

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1

to

%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1 %2

Remember to change back after installing program or the open with command will be greyed out.
    Quote Quote