VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I use Nero to burn a DVD, I can burn at 4X. If I use DVD Shrink with Nero, I can only burn at 2.5X. How come DVD Shrink slows down Nero?

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reboot
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LS: It amazes me how often that is the correct answer - dang computers! LOL

Good answer!
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Since this problem had been for years, not sure rebooting is the problem. I will try tho.
    Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nero was always buggy with DVDShrink, I recommend using DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What version of Nero? The newer versions don't work at all or well with Shrink. And ImgBurn is a better burning program, IMO. You can use a modified version of Shrink that can use ImgBurn automatically: http://download3.videohelp.com/DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar
    Quote Quote  
  7. DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn suck compared to DVD Shrink.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by happydog500
    DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn suck compared to DVD Shrink.

Chris.
    And the award for most ignorant statement of the day goes to . . . . . . . . HappyDog500

DVD Shrink is used to reduce the size of a DVD, or to re-arrange the structure of a DVD, or both. It also has limited ripping capabilities. It has no ability to burn DVDs.

DVD Decrypter is a tool to rip DVDs in a more sophisticated manner than DVD Shrink, and can also burn disc structure in the ISO format.

Imgburn is a dedicated disc burning and ISO creation tool. It can handle a wide range of formats, and is extremely intelligent and user friendly.

DVD Shrink on it's own, without are least Nero (ergh) or DVD Decrypter (good) or Imgburn (Best), is of very limited use.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Chris.
    Yep....you Sir are a moron.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It also has limited ripping capabilities.
    Limited? I've used it for years and years without any limitations at all. Ripped every single disc for years and years. I can't say that for DVD Descriptor (been a few discs that didn't work).

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hech54

Chris.
    I can't be. Only a moron would think everybody had the same experience as you. A moron thinks everything works the same for everyone else as it did for them.
    Someone who is not dumb, knows some things work for some, but not others. That's why some people like fords, some like Chevy's, others Honda. Each is not a moron, they have different experiences.
    Only a moron wouldn't know that.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54

Chris.
    I can't be. Only a moron would think everybody had the same experience as you.
    You have a long history....:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic370739.html#1987890
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic372378.html#2000157
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have a question, just for curiosity.when was the last time you formatted your hardrive/reinstalled windows ?I noticed from your profile u own an old PC with 512 mb memory
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sorry, I haven't updated my computer specks here.

I forgot something about DVDDcripter. I collect Concert audio/videos. Quite a few I've wanted to listen to the audio of a DVD (file) in my car, so I used Decripter to demux the audio/video. I haven't done it for awhile, so I forgot. It does that quite well.

I hardly ever do DVD Discs, so i am almost always starting off with video files. I had a problem on a couple files, that worked first try in Shrink.

I was thinking about it today, when I used it before the files that didn't work.

Thanks for the reminder, I kind of had a bad attitude towards DVD Decripter since then. I was thinking I used Shrink because I was lazy. It's a little easier.

When I burn my next round of DVD's, I will go back and use DVDDecripter.

On the forums, the way people treat others, can spread. I want forums to be a good place. Maybe small kids are reading. I try to provide a good example. Even when someone flames me, I try and not retaliate by name calling back. I kind of screwed up this time. I am sorry for saying what I did. It's not an excuse, but I guess I was on the computer to long.

I am sorry for being rude. Thank you for the reminder of DVD Decripter.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for the tips.

I Couldn't get it to work, so I went to the (other) forums.

Here is the instructions from a good source.

"DVD Decrypter will only read DVD VIDEO_TS folder files from a disc, not from a hard disk.

Use DVD Shrink."

Thanks for the help guys, I tried to go back to DVDDecrypter, but it doesn't work. A slow Shrink is better then a not working Decrypter.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by happydog500
    Thanks for the tips.

I Couldn't get it to work, so I went to the (other) forums.

Here is the instructions from a good source.

"DVD Decrypter will only read DVD VIDEO_TS folder files from a disc, not from a hard disk.

Use DVD Shrink."

Thanks for the help guys, I tried to go back to DVDDecrypter, but it doesn't work. A slow Shrink is better then a not working Decrypter.

Chris.
    That's true for reading but when writing DVD Decrypter only accepts image files(ISO,IMG,etc) from your HDD, DVD Shrink can output an ISO file.
    I still have no idea why DVD Decrypter isn't working with DVD Shrink on your PC, I have been using that combo for years.
    Are you sure you are selecting "ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter"?

Recap:
    DVD Decrypter rips DVD's and burns image files.
    ImgBurn burns DVD folders and image files.
    DVD Shrink transcodes DVD's, DVD folders and image files. It doesn't have the ability to burn on it's own.
    Quote Quote  
  17. The files on my HD are not image files.
    Quote Quote