VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, hope someone can help.
    We have a large collection of old VHS movies we would like to record onto DVD.
    We bought a LG RC389h recorder and have set it up - however, so far, we can't get it to record anything!!

Does anyone have any experience with this unit?
    It is probably capable of recording old 'home moves' but sometimes a message comes up saying that the VHS is 'copyright protected' or something like that......... could that be why it won't record anything? If so, is there a way around it?
    We told the guy at the shop what we wanted to do, and he said this unit would do it............. has anyone else managed to get there old VHS movies onto DVD??

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Commercially released tapes are usually copy protected. In the US there is, what is known as the "DCMA" wich required all recording devices to do just what you are saying, most other countries have similar laws on the books. Sometimes a video enhancer will filter out the copy protection. I had a device "Dazzle Multimedia Creator DVC150" that hooked to my computer via USB and it recorded everything, but that was before the DCMA was passed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou, that is very helpful

grrrr to the salesman that told us the machine we bought would do the job we wanted it to.......... easy as that lol
    Looks like I have to buy another piece of technology....... hope it's a little easier to use than this one!!
    Quote Quote