I posted this in my previous thread, but decided to start a new topic.
I just upgraded my Pioneer DV-420V-K player to a new firmware v.1.1, allowing it to display long filenames. A few other things I'd like to get fixed, if possible:
-any chances of displaying filenames in Russian, if they are Russian (in USB mode)? Sometimes I watch Russian movies and have to rename them transliterate in English, which looks funny; otherwise the filename is displayed in gibberish. I tried changing one of the settings (DVD menu language) from English to Russian, but it did not help: Russian file names are still gibberish and English is fine. I have not changed settings to multiregion, but doubt that has anything to do with my question, does it?
-looks like the files order is by "Created date". I'd like to have them alphabetically by "Name". I even tried experimenting and changing the "Created date" in a few files using an attribute changing software. It did change them, but in the USB mode the player still had them in the original order.
-actually, the third question is very small: in USB mode I have "System Volume" and "Deleted" folders shown. There is an odd file in ""System Volume" and a few other files in "Deleted", looks like the ones I could possibly deleted before. I did not think they would create "Deleted" folder on my external HD. Not a big deal, just a nuisance.
Thank you for the help.