VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could someone please recommend a user-friendly MTS converter software? I am willing to pay for this software if it suits all of my needs. I downloaded the AVS4YOU video converter software. I like it but I would like to try others before making a final decision. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pay me 1000 euro and I will give link to ripbot264
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot, BD Rebuilder are a couple. (Atak_Snajpera is the author of RipBot, and it's freeware ) What format do you want to convert the .m2ts or .mts files to? Files from a BD disc or a camera? What are your needs? There are several .m2ts/.mts freeware converter programs available in our 'Tools' section to the left.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Canon Vixia HF20 camcorder that records to a MTS format and I would like to convert the videos to .AVI. I would also like the option of converting to .MPG, .WMV and .MOV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Just to let you know, AVI is the name of a container, not a format. It can contain quite a few different formats. But you may be asking about something like Divx/Xvid formats. If you plan to play these back on a Divx set top player, there are a few limitations on framesize and filesize.

Same with a DVD set top player. They would need to be resized to the DVD format. If you are just planning on computer playback, you can use most any format. I use H.264 format in a MKV container with RipBot and don't resize, so little quality loss and a much smaller filesize. But I can only play it back on a PC or with my WDTV Live box.

Take a look at these converter programs: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-blu-ray-converters You might also check out XviD4PSP for other format conversions. Most any of the listed programs have linked guides near the bottom of their tool page.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to do the following with the videos recorded on Canon Vixia HF20:

*convert the videos to a smaller file size while retaining HD-like quality
    *burn the videos to a DVD that can be replayed on PC, DVD player and Blu-Ray player
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you want it to work on dvd players you can't keep the hd. But use convertxtodvd for that.

For blu-ray players convert to an avchd/blu-ray using multiavchd, avchdcoder or tmpgenc authoring works.

For other formats use the all-in-one converters mentioned above.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same question. I tried ripbot and it converted the video fine, however I got a combing effect like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/Weaving.jpg

The source is a avchd video at 1080i. Any workarounds?

Edit: Found the deinterlacing options, thanks :P
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all of the advice.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TerentiusXIII
    Could someone please recommend a user-friendly MTS converter software? I am willing to pay for this software if it suits all of my needs. I downloaded the AVS4YOU video converter software. I like it but I would like to try others before making a final decision. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    I have had great results with SUPER. Some issues I am working out but these are mostly due to me being a nubie.
    Quote Quote