Original sound
    01:22:05:347

Additional sound
    01:25:16:029

I changed frame rate But to no avail

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you end up with two sound files? Is the AC-3 from a different source? If so are you sure it's going to sync with the video if you shorten it? It's not uncommon that two audio files of the same video aren't the same length in the first place because of editing of different versions.

But framerate doesn't have much to do with it. You can have different framerates of the same video and the same audio can sync to both.

But a simple test is to save out the second audio as a WAV with full processing, (Since it looks like you might be using VirtualDub) and put that into a audio editor like Audacity and use the 'Change Tempo' to make it the same length as your other audio, then add it back to VD and disable the other tracks and see if it plays in sync.

If it does, then you can use a audio editor that can work with the AC3 6 channel sound and probably adjust the length. If it doesn't sync, then you may be in for a lot of work, depending why the two lengths are different. It can get a bit complex. I don't shrink/expand AC3, especially multichannel, so someone else may have to suggest a tool for that.

A bit more info on what you are trying to do and why, along with the tools you are using would help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    How did you end up with two sound files?
    use VirtualDubMod
    Streams __ Stream List __ Add
    Quote Quote