VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, first off, I have already gone through the existing guide (originally posted 5yrs ago) - and you can see my resulting posts there as well (https://forum.videohelp.com/topic234240.html).

I also tried using the last instructions suggested. Didn't work.

I'm really thinking maybe we need an updated guide? Maybe for dummies like me?

Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried 7 or 8 times now without success

To quickly re-cap, the main video is VTS_04_1-7.VOB originally, and then only 1-6 after converting WAV to AC3. I cannot seem to get it back to a working menu & chapters.

Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DeathStalker77
    To quickly re-cap, the main video is VTS_04_1-7.VOB originally, and then only 1-6 after converting WAV to AC3.
    Yeah, so? You replaced a big PCM WAV audio file with much smaller AC3 audio. It stands to reason that the number of VOBs might decrease. Did you test that version as a DVD to make sure that it worked, chapters, audio, and all? The chapters you get back when muxing using Muxman by going File->Import Chapters and adding in the Celltimes.txt file that PGCDemux gave you.
    I cannot seem to get it back to a working menu & chapters.
    Did you follow the instructions in the guide to which I linked in your other thread? Did you do the 'Replace' step using VobBlanker?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but it's not quite so easy jumping back and forth & "mixing" two separate guides that were written for different purposes. Now while it may seem a simple thing to you, it's not something I'm very familiar with, so there's no need to be rude about things.

And if I could "test that version as a DVD to make sure that it worked, chapters, audio, and all?", then I'd *have* a working DVD at that point, wouldn't I?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It is actually extremely easy, i have done it many times, also to remove audio to clean it up, then replace it.

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Simplistic_Guide_for_Replacing_DVD_Streams_page1.html

You can follow the flash video and pause it as you do it the first few times to make sure you don't mess it up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will give that a try! Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That appears to have done the trick!

Thank you Noahtuck!

Happy Holidaze to everyone!
    Quote Quote