VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello one and all.

I have movies on all my DVD-RW disks and DVD+RW disks.

How do I erase the movie (clean the disk) so that the disk is clean and factory fresh .................and ready to burn another movie?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install Imgburn
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say whether you are recording your discs on computer or set-top DVD recorder unit. Whether hardware or software, there should be a format function that will either do a quick erase or full reformat.

Here's a novel thought: read the instructions for whatever DVD recording/burning software or hardware you own.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use ImgBurn. Set, Mode = Write. Then, Tools - Drive - Erase Disk = Quick or Full.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bryankendall
    How do I erase the movie (clean the disk) so that the disk is clean and factory fresh .................and ready to burn another movie?
    You don't have to "erase", unless you have some security concerns. Just "write". The burning software will probably ask you if you want to overwrite the existing data, and then proceed.

The only times I actually "erase" is when a burn was interrrupted and the disc format is scrambled and it's unreadable.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, thank you!

Merrrrrry Christmas !
    Quote Quote