VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm wondering if anyone has an understanding of what Premiere/Matrox is doing with certain video I import. Here is the scenario. I import some none interlaced 320 x 240 video into the Matrox DV NTSC preset. Scale to frame size is selected so I have to render my timeline. I'm wondering if this video has now been changed to an interlaced format? Obviously it has been upscaled to fit the 720 x 480 dimension. When I export, would I then need to deinterlace even though my original footage was not interlaced?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere is not changing your source files, but creating new preview files for the selected preset, using the Matrox DV codec. The Premiere/Matrox set-up should handle the interlacing, and if the final output looks okay, you shouldn't worry about it. I remember years ago having a Matrox RT-2500 with Premiere, and I could drop MPEG-1 files right in for output to DV without any alterations. Look for a folder on your video drive called Adobe Premiere Preview Files. That is where the convert DV avi files are stored. Look them over.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So when it is exporting is it accessing the preview file or the orginal source file?
    Quote Quote