VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the episodes are in one big vob file and i need to convert them to a divx or xvid .avi files.I have tried HandBrake but it doesnt pick up any subtitles and their is still the problem of splitting it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not necessary (and as you're discovering, can be a pretty bad idea) to make one large VOB file. Just decrypt the episodes to the drive, each to its own folder.

Go back to the source DVD and start over by decrypting correctly this time. With an IFO, AutoGK can easily burn the subs into the AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the dvds I have might just be messed up I got em of ebay there are 2 0.99 gig files and a bunch of smaller files and IFOs
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're just describing a standard DVD, although if from E-Bay there's a good chance it's a bootleg and then anything can happen. Have you tried what I suggested?

Use DVD Decrypter set up for IFO Mode and not the default File Mode. Select each episode and decrypt each to its own folder. If all the episodes are in the same PGC/Title, then select the correct number of chapters that corresponds to an episode and decrypt. However, if they're all in the same PGC you'll have problems with the subs and your best bet is to encode them as a big movie and separate them yourself when all done. Separating AVIs is a simple matter.
    Quote Quote