VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Windows XP, installed WMP 11.

I have tried ffdshow, CoreAVC, Haali Media Splitter, and Quicktime DirectShow Filter for WMP 1.0.16.

None of it is allowing me to play H264 files in my WMP.. I have tried dragging and dropping the file into the player AND opening the file manually from the menu.

I am about to rip my hair out because I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have followed configuration instructions and everything. I am willing to start from the top as long as it will work!

Please, please help.....

Rissa
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you considered it's just a badly made file and won't play at all? cut a piece and post it if you want help with it. or atl least post mediainfo -> text view information.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just uninstalled all newly installed codecs and installed K-Lite Codec pack, all files play except for one (as you guessed) badly made file, obviously with some sort of CSS copy protection problem.

Before it wasn't playing anything, so I'm glad to have that figured at least.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can always try a software player like VLC. It plays most all formats without adding problematic codec packs. It can also play some damaged files. If it works with your problem video, that will usually tell you if you are likely missing a codec or have some damaged ones, like what can happen when you toss in a codec pack or two.

If you want to add support for most codecs for programs like WMP, try ffdshow. It isn't a codec pack and causes few problems, and it lets you play most common video and audio formats.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote