VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a single MPEG2 (.mpg) video file that I rendered from Vegas. I put the wrong title on the beginning. So all I want is to split it at 5 seconds & 14 frames, then render a new title, and join it to the beginning, so that the new file is exactly as the old, but with a different title. The audio is in a separate file, so I'd like the video to end up the same length. I've tried Vobedit and Vobsplit, as well as MPEG Streamclip. None seem to work for me. Does anyone know a simple way to accomplish this?

I'm sure it's been covered already. But I haven't been able to find a good quick way to do exactly what I need.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it would be easier to redo the project in vegas.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick. I'll give those a try.

aedipuss, I wish I could do that. Unfortunately I don't have the files from the original project, so that's not possible. If I did, it'd be a simple fix of just changing the title in Vegas' text generator. Thanks though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Cuttermaran: "Packetized streams not supported."
    MPEG2Schnitt: "[file name] not supported."
    AVIDemux: Maybe there's a way to do what I want, but I can't find it. It all appears to recompress the video. I was trying to avoid that. If that's what it comes to, that's what I'll do, but I can just do that in Vegas.
    Mpg2Cut2: finally one worked! It split it as I wanted. And I don't think it recompressed it. It was far too fast for MPEG2 compression (unless all the other compressors just suck on speed), and the resulting file was just a little smaller than the whole file. I then used SUPER to join it to a new title I rendered. All's good now. Thanks again Baldrick
    Quote Quote