VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Can I burn this video to a DVD? I have Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus but have issues with the files like they need deinterlaced or something I don't know....It doesn't look right in the edit window...I just got a new Flip UltraHD Pocketcam for Christmas and the only way I can get the video on a DVD is to downconvert it which is kinda pointless in having HD if I got to do that...Sorry I'm so ignorant....Thanks for all comments....

    P.S I have an HTPC with a Blu Ray player and a 37" 1080P HDTV that the video looks great on when playing the single files with VLC player straight from the computer but not a lot of good if I cant edit it and back it up....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Regular DVD players do not play anything but standard definition video in MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 format.

    You can always burn your MP4 files to a DVD (you're limited to the size of the DVDs of course) but regular DVD players won't play them.

    You can make AVCHD discs that the Blu-Ray player might be able to play. I'm not sure if the 720p 30 fps produced by the camcorder is Blu-ray compatible though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2000
    Location: Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Ripping??? Nope. Moving you.

    Try make an AVCHD/Blu-ray on a dvd and see if your blu-ray supports it. Try multiAVCHD and burn with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    DVD Ripping??? Nope. Moving you.

    Try make an AVCHD/Blu-ray on a dvd and see if your blu-ray supports it. Try multiAVCHD and burn with imgburn.
    Thanks for the move.Don't know why I put this there..So I use Sony Vegas to make my movie then use the other programs to get it on a DVD+R that will play in my Blu Ray player?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Well I got one coaster so far.I used multiAVCHD to make a file then imgburn to put it on a DVD+R but it wouldn't play in the Blu Ray player....But my Drive will also play HD DVD so I am gonna try that next...Think that will work?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Not working either...Well can anyone tell me what I need to get or buy to be able to edit my videos and burn them to media and play them please...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member fritzi93's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    It's unclear what you're using for playback. A BD-ROM in the HTPC or a standalone BD player? If a standalone, post the brand and model number. It may be that it simply won't play AVCHD.

    For editing, you could try tsSniper. And for muxing to Blu-Ray or AVCHD, you could try tsMuxer. Both free.

    H.264 is difficult to edit, and there are no free editors that are frame accurate. With a little practice, you can get pretty close with tsSniper. If it's not satisfactory, there's TSPE and SmartCutter ps/ts, which supposedly *are* frame accurate.

    Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    It's unclear what you're using for playback. A BD-ROM in the HTPC or a standalone BD player? If a standalone, post the brand and model number. It may be that it simply won't play AVCHD.

    For editing, you could try tsSniper. And for muxing to Blu-Ray or AVCHD, you could try tsMuxer. Both free.

    H.264 is difficult to edit, and there are no free editors that are frame accurate. With a little practice, you can get pretty close with tsSniper. If it's not satisfactory, there's TSPE and SmartCutter ps/ts, which supposedly *are* frame accurate.

    Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply...Here is the Blu Ray player:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133

    Tried bothe BD and HD DVD from multiAVCHD and Imgburn with no luck...Guess I can use Pinnacle Studio 12 to edit it with and render it into a single file to play with VLC player for now....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member fritzi93's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    What were you trying to play the AVCHD disc with and what file exactly did you try to open? Sounds like you need software that can play Blu-Ray discs and that accepts folders with Blu-Ray structure, i.e. BDMV folder. TMT3, for instance; I have PowerDVD and dislike it. The other Blu-Ray software players aren't worth mentioning. :P None are free.

    You *can* use the free VLC or MPCHC, for instance, and play the m2ts file directly, but you lose navigation. OTOH, you could mux to MKV with something like HDconvertToX and have chapters, subs, and play with a free software player.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    What were you trying to play the AVCHD disc with and what file exactly did you try to open? Sounds like you need software that can play Blu-Ray discs and that accepts folders with Blu-Ray structure, i.e. BDMV folder. TMT3, for instance; I have PowerDVD and dislike it. The other Blu-Ray software players aren't worth mentioning. :P None are free.

    You *can* use the free VLC or MPCHC, for instance, and play the m2ts file directly, but you lose navigation. OTOH, you could mux to MKV with something like HDconvertToX and have chapters, subs, and play with a free software player.
    Sorry Im just now getting back to you.Been outa town...I just used multiAVCHD to make a file then used Imgburn to burn it to disc (just kinda felt my way through it,don't know if I did it exactly just right but I use Imgburn to back up DVDs) and the player I showed you came with PowerDVD and I had to download all kinds of updates to get it to work when I first bought it earlier this year and no more up dates available..I checked...Oh and made a HD DVD but it was rendered as a Video_TS folder with DVD and HD DVD files and made a disc in "build mode with that also...
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads