VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I really need some help here as time is running out. I ask another question that has not been answered, so I am going to try it from different angle. I have a Sony Digital 8 Camcorder. I am satisfied with the quality of video it shoots. My camcorder is over 10 years old now and I want to upgrade. In the old days you had only two choices, VHS and 8MM. Now there is a plethora of different video formats and I have no idea what to look for. Can anyone tell me what video format or camcorder can shoot video that will be equal to or better then my Sony digital 8 Camcorder? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    miniDV for SD is probably the closest. shoots 720x480 DVavi.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a Sony D8 that I still use because it shoots better low light video than any new camcorder that I've tried, it also allows analog pass-through.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MOVIEGEEK

I would agree personally but my wife wants "Shinny & New", I guess I will have to settle for less quality until the video industry catches up. I do more still photography then video and I am saving up for a good prosumer still camera that will shoot reasonable video like the Canon PowerShot SX20 IS.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah I have a Kodak compact digital camera that I use to take photos and record video in HD, the quality is surprisingly good. My Sony D8 and Canon SLR don't get used much since I bought my Kodak, it's the size of a pack of cigarettes and fits in a pocket.
    Quote Quote