VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ever since I installed Windows 7 64 bit on my pc, whenever I burn an AVCHD disc it shows up as Data Disc and not AVCHD in my PS3. Also, whenever I use uncropmkv it runs fine for the 1st 30% of the output and then slows to a crawl. I would appreciate any guidance that you guru's could give me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    WHAT do you burn with? Try imgburn if you haven't.
    Is it just uncropmkv that is slow after some time? Tried other converters?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have ALWAYS used ingburn. The only difference in my setup is that i now have windows 7 instead of vista as my os.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Figured out what most of my issue has been with AVCHD. Whenever I used TsMuxer ver. 1.10.6 when I had Vista installed, I always selected blu-ray as my muxing method. This always gave me a backup which was playable on my standalone Sony blu-ray player and on my PS3. Under Windows 7, this method is producing Data Discs. Believe me, I have wasted about 10 dvd's trying to figure this out. However, when I select AVCHD as the output as the mux method (I always burn with imgburn in build mode), I do get a working disc that shows up as an AVCHD in my PS3. Both outputs contain the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. As far as I an tell with my limited knowledge of hi-def video, everything is identical. What, if anything, is the difference. All replies are very welcomed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With the avchd settings the folder structure is designed specifically for dvdr discs so that its more compliant for players to read it,Maybe some settings got changed when you went to win7 and by going to avchd the discs are now more compatible to be played.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 1) It is not possible that tsMuxeR 1.10.6 blu-ray output written on DVD would work in PS3.

2) uncropMKV waits for x264 - that's all... it can't slow things by itself

3) Burning to DVD requires your to burn BDMV folder in the root of the disc...

*** and just make sure you're really using tsmuxer with its proper GUI...
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm hoping someone can help me....sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just got multiAVCHD and I'm hoping it can do what I think it can. I may just need a little help. So I have an mkv file that has a resolution of lets say 1920*800. If I use tsMuxer to make a bluray disc and burn with ImgBurn, I get green bars on the bottom of the screen because it's not 1920*1080. I run the file through multiAVCHD and choose the bluray option. What I think multiAVCHD has done for me is turn the file into 1920*1080 which will not give me those green bars. So I take the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders and add them to ImgBurn....but when I put the DVD into my PS3, it shows up as a Data Disc. Do I have to run the file through tsMuxer before running it thru multiAVCHD? If so, what do I choose (m2ts, avchd, bluray). One thing I just thought of is I'm using DL DVD's. If I'm selecting a bluray output do I need to use BD-R. I have them, but they're expensive and would like to use a DL DVD when applicable. If I am going to use DL DVD's I'm guessing I should just use the AVCHD option. Can someone confirm that for me? Also, am I correct that multiAVCHD automatically converts files to 1920*1080 or 1280*720?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For a PS3, choose the PS3 option, not the BluRay option, if you are burning to DVDs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks. If I choose ps3 will it play in my regular bluray player? I'm trying to burn something that plays in my ps3 and my bluray player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That depends on the player. Only if the player supports AVCHD playback, and not all do. Short answer - you probably cannot produce a disc that plays the same on both players.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks again. Last question. If I choose the bluray option and use a BD will it play on both? Actually last two questions....does multiavchd convert the resolution to 1920*1080 or 1280*720 automatically?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you burn the BD to a BD, and not a DVD, maybe.

Neither. By default it attempts to use what you have, even if it is not compliant. If your video shows up red in the list after adding it, then it needs to be transcoded. Click on it to bring up the properties, then click Transcode to get to what is essentially UncropMKV. Here it will make a best guess as to the target resolution based on the source. So if you source is, for example, 1280 x 544, it will select 1280 x 720 as the output size. You can override this manually.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    If you are using Clown BD you must uncheck Convert to AVCHD (FAT32?PS3 Compatability Mode) or it WILL burn as a data disc using image burn. I wrestled through this not finding any answers in forums and now able to play PS3 backups successfully!
    Quote Quote