VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have video CD I made years ago and I'd like to find out which software I used to create that video CD, Is there any way to find this information on the CD I have? Is there any software that can help me find out which video editor I used at that time to create the CD?

I believe the video CD I made was created around 2003. The software used may have come as free ware when I purchased a web cam.

I have older software such as VIDEOWAVEIII and ULEAD, but they don't appear as simple as the original software I had used.

The software was very simple and easy to create video CDs.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean a VCD? Go back a few years and VCDEasy was popular. That would be one possibility. You could try opening the video in Gspot and MediaInfo. They might give you more information, depending on what info is included with the file. TMPGEnc was also used a lot for the encoding part of a VCD file, but you still needed a VCD authoring program.

But others may have better suggestions.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree. Up to ~ 2003 I used TMPGenc and VCDEasy to make VCDs. And as I remember it, there weren't all that many options back then, anyway not freeware options. Seems like a long time ago.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Our resident VCD expert is Cornucopia. You might try sending him a private message if he doesn't respond to this thread. TMPGenc, Nero and VCDeasy could all have been used. Philips even made a VCD authoring program that a few people used.

If your real purpose for asking is not to determine what you used in the past but to go forward and make VCDs in the future, nothing beats VCDeasy in my opinion. As far as I can tell the author no longer has a free version available and he hasn't updated it in almost 2 years I think but it still works and works well. It has no editing functions, but it's a great tool to use to make VCDs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much for your replies. I did download and try out those listed.

I am wondering if EASY CD CREATOR was used. Seems it was mentioned in the DVD-VHS recorder manual. It now appears all versions will not work on XP
    Quote Quote