VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know other people are having the same problem as me, but so far, I have not come across a solution yet. When I load a .ts file into VideoReDo for cutting, it creates big blocks during some scenes.

However, when I play the .ts file in a program such as Media Player Classic, these blocks do not appear. It's rather annoying because the reason I chose VideoReDo was because I though this would've been the perfect program for me (Other programs such as MPEG2Schnitt or HDTVtoMPEG2 would create these scratching noises where the commercials used to be after I would cut them out).

I've attached an image of what the blocks look like.

phineas%20and%20ferb%20weird%20blocks.png
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Mpeg2Cut2.

Are you saying the errors appear while your viewing the source in VideoRedo? Or in the final output file after editing and saving?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a VideoReDo user as well, and I had a similar issue. I posted my problem with "localized pixilation blocks" (for lack of an official term) on the VideoReDo support forum. Link:
    http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=13159.

Per the advice on that thread, I downloaded and installed the VRD Beta, and so far my issue is resolved. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I use VideoReDo all the time and I do edit TS files with it, although I do not save to that format. I have not updated my version in a long time, but I also have never had this problem. Maybe it's something they introduced accidentally into more recent releases.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the answers. I've been using VideoReDo TVSuite version 3.1.5.565, maybe I need to downgrade to an older version then.

As for jagabo, it happens both when I view the input through VideoReDo, as well as the output.

However, when I view the input with Media Player Classic, there are no blocks that appear.

For now, I think I'll just use MPEG-VCR. It doesn't seem to have this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChibiBoi
    I've been using VideoReDo TVSuite version 3.1.5.565
    The latest (beta) version is 3.20.1.587 (Nov 15, 2009), maybe try that out? Also if you continue to have problems, maybe you should try out the VideoRedo forums for asistance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does VideoRedo use its own built in MPEG decoder? Or does it use a system installed decoder? If the latter, that decoder could be at fault.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My version is 2.5.5.512. I remembered after checking the version number that I refused to pay the fee to upgrade to version 3.x because the version I have does everything I wanted. An upgrade for me would be paying for nothing.
    Quote Quote