+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello folks,

sorry for my newbie question:

1. followed the guides:
    a) how to install => all okay
    b) HOW TO MAKE A DVD WITH SELECTABLE SUBTITLES ON MAC OSX WITH FFMPEGX => all okay
    2. the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders were created on the harddisk
    3. when I preview the content of the VIDEO_TS folder with the apple DVD-Player software, the movie is complete with audio and subs.
    4. BUT: when I burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with the freeware application "BURN" to DVD, and then play the DVD with the DVD-Player software or the DVD-player in the livingroom, the movie is just a green background. Subs are visible and audio is okay.

I hope my description is to the point.

Can you help me?

Thank you,
    Jens
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    • I can't think of a logical reason why the video would turn a green field when burned to disc. I find that playing the VIDEO_TS folder from the hard disk with Apple DVD Player is a good test for making good DVD-R discs.
    • From your description, it seems like Burn did something destructive to the content. I suppose you followed the guide as mentioned in the instructive movie clip Episode 1 on their website?
    The current version of Burn is older than Snow Leopard, so I can't rule out some unknown incompatibility.
    • Please try this alternative burning solution for comparison:
    1/ Use the Img Tool in ffmpegX to create a disk image file (dvd.img) from the VIDEO_TS folder.
    2/ Open Disk Utility. Drag the disk image file from the Finder to the left pane (below the disk names) in Disk Utility. Select the disk image there. Then use the Mount button to mount it as a virtual volume.
    3/ Test playback in Apple DVD Player (from the mounted volume). If it is green again, report back here.
    4/ If playback is good, proceed: In Disk Utility, select the disk image again on the left. Use the Burn button to initiate burning. Insert a disc. Burn. Watch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Case,

thank you for your reply. After reading in this forum for a while, I think that your support is great!

Once I am back home from work, I will follow your description.

I am hoping, that it will work ... Anyway, I will report back here.

Thank you,

Jens
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yesterday I burned again with "BURN".

I took the same VIDEO_TS Folder from my first attempt.

=> it worked this time. The DVD-Player of OS-X plays the DVD with selectable subtitles.

What did I do different this time?

=> Now I only pulled the VIDEO_TS folder to "BURN". Whereas in my first attempt I also dragged&dropped the AUDIO_TS folder.

So thank you Case, to point out the help on "BURN".

Have a nice holiday season!
    Greetings from snowy Hamburg/Germany
    Jens
    Quote Quote