VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have NERO 5.0 and it wont burn a vcd. It givves the messages "cannot not perform End Track" what does this mean exactly and how, if it all, can it be fixed???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Question: Are you trying to overburn or burn more that the disk can take?
    Quote Quote  
  3. no the movie is only 467 mb, and the disc is 650, but it still wont write. The type of disc is a memorex cd-rw high speed, 8x-10x write, by burner writes at 8x. what is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK! Open Nero and insert the CD-RW into the drive. When Nero starts click on "CD-Info" to see if Nero recognizes what type of CD-RW you have - how much space is available etc. If it reads correctly I doubt you have a faulty disk. If however it doesn't - then your disk is faulty. If you don't have a faulty disk but still cannot write to it (meaning the whole file) it could be that your software or drivers are corrupt or setup wrong. Best thing to do is re-install everything (meaning Nero) again.

Just out of curiousity - you don't have any other burning software installed do you?
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanx the help but nothing worked. and i dont have the software to reinstall nero, will the demo of nero 5.5 work??? and what are the correct settings to burn a vcd???
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest - no idea. Some people reported problems with the demo version.

When you say nothing worked - what did Nero CD-Info say?
    Quote Quote  
  7. well this is what it says:

size:887, 285 kb (908, 580, 112 bytes)
    iso files:12 files, 5 folders
    video tracks: 1
    pictures: 0

check boxchecked) create standard complient cd

that is what info gave me. what should the settings be set at. and ive checked the movie its not the movie as it wont burn other movies either.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are using a CD-RW that has already been used. You have to erase it before you can burn your VCD files onto it.

To do this choose "CD-Recorder" and then "Erase CD-Rewritable". After that choose the Video CD as compilation and go from there.
    Quote Quote  
  9. thanx for all the help it now writes to the cd, however at about 30% or so it aborts and gives the message "POWER CALIBRATION AREA ERROR" what does this mean?
    Quote Quote  
  10. correction to last post, it fails at 9%
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've recieved that error only when I use really really poor media. If you reduce your burn speed it may help to complete.

Then try another brand of CDR/W's
    Quote Quote  
  12. well i tried a few different movies and they all aborted at 9%, whats happening??? Which is a good cdr/w to use??? And is there anything that can help to fix the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I just went thru that "power calibration" error w/Nero and my burner. I found that it's mostly due to the media I was using. When I used better CDr's I didn't get the error. I also found out w/the Cdr's I did get the error on, I could burn at a lower speed. Try burning at 2 speed. Lowering the burn speed on cheap media has eliminated the error for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-24 21:51:08, disturbed1 wrote:
    I've recieved that error only when I use really really poor media. If you reduce your burn speed it may help to complete.
    Then try another brand of CDR/W's
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    gambit32 I just went thru that "power calibration" error w/Nero and my burner. I found that it's mostly due to the media I was using. When I used better CDr's I didn't get the error. I also found out w/the Cdr's I did get the error on, I could burn at a lower speed. Try burning at 2 speed. Lowering the burn speed on cheap media has eliminated the error for me.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Third times a charm

Sometimes twice just isn't good enough

About good media, I've used Office Depot branded media with out any problems at all.

And Memorex CDRW work for me too.

Search these forums, it's been posted alot.

http://www.cdrinfo.com has some info on this too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: disturbed1 on 2001-07-25 08:07:06 ]</font>
    Quote Quote