VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to use avi files on a popcorn hour I discovered playback problems. The solution is that the avi's need to be remuxed and the junk removed from the header. I've tried this and it works. I used AVI-Mux GUI as recommended by the person that helped me out.

However I now have a new problem. I have to do this to several hundred files and doing it via a GUI is going to be painful - the tool I used does not seem to have any automation functions. Can anyone recommend a tool that will perform these functions to a large number of files at a time, or will accept command line parameters so I can write a batch script to do this.

Am a relative newbie at this, so don't assume I know anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVI-Mux GUI does have a command-line interface. There's also MMCL, the Mpeg4modifier command line tool which you can use for unpacking packed bitstream divx files and/or changing the PAR/DAR and FourCC in the header.

The following is an extract from a windows batch script that creates an AMG script for input to AVI-Mux GUI:
    Code:
    echo CLEAR>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo LOAD %VIDEO_FILE%>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo LOAD %AUDIO_FILE%>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo SELECT FILE ^1>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo ADD VIDEOSOURCE>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo SET OUTPUT OPTIONS>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo WITH SET OPTION>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo OVERWRITEDLG ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo CLOSEAPP ^1>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo DONEDLG ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo MAXFILES OFF>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo STDOUTPUTFMT AVI>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo AVI ADDJUNKBEFOREHEADERS ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo AUDIO INTERLEAVE 4 FR>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo PRELOAD 20^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo AVI HAALIMODE ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo OPENDML ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo LEGACY ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo RECLISTS ^0>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo END WITH>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    echo START %DST_FILE%>>"%AMG_FILE%"
    (Thanks to celtic druid at doom9 for the original script on which this is based)
    %AMG_FILE% holds the name of the amg script file (i.e. set AMG_FILE=c:\temp\myscript.amg)
    %VIDEO_FILE% holds the name of the video source
    %AUDIO_FILE% holds the name of the audio source
    %DST_FILE% holds the name of the destination avi file
    You can run the script by simply calling AVI-Mux GUI with the name of the script as an argument:
    AVIMux_GUI.exe c:\temp\myscript.amg
    With your situation you will probably want to modify the script a little since your audio and video source will be taken from the same file; google is your best source for this as I haven't found any definitive documentation as yet.

If you want some pointers with windows batch file processing you might want to check out my batch xvid conversion script.

Slainte

midders
    Quote Quote