VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded and installed the Windows demo of the latest version of Cineform Neo Scene. Unfortunately every time I try to start it I get a windows error:

"HDlink.exe has stopped working"

I'm using Vista 32 bit, with 4gb ram, core 2 duo and decent enough graphics card. But like I say I cant even open the program to try and convert anything.

Any ideas what this could be? Do I need anything else installed or would somethign be conflicting with it? (AC3 is installed ok)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I still am getting this error and have found no way to resolve it.

Is there any other intermediate codec converters out there which are virtually lossless - so I could convert AVCHD so I can edit it on my PC (in premiere pro).

I was hoping to try this cineform but have no had any luck getting it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried run in winxp compatibility mode? right click neoscene and choose windows xp under compatibility.

Or maybe export the avchd to Avid DNxHD in for example quicktime pro.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks Baldrick will give that a try later and see.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sill didnt work - I tried to install and it kept failing, it said a progrma had prevented it from installing correctly.

I then ran it with XP compatibility and it install ok. But running the program after install doesnt work - even in XP mode

"HDlink.exe has stopped working"

Any ideas why this is happening?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might have to turn off all anti-virus/spyware/malware apps. neoscene runs a script at install. maybe even turn off uac and dep and run the install as admin on win7.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmm tried all that and it does install ok - but it just wont run no matter how I try to load it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you get the demo directly from cineform?
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah I got the demo from Neoscenen, they emailed a link to DL it. Might have to contact them to see if there is anyway to resolve this, strange one - maybe some software on my machine causing this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i never got the demo to run here either, it said the time had expired or some such. i must have demoed a prior cineform product long ago.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd call or email Cineform support. They've always responded to my quaestions.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote