VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Any good ways to download streaming from these sites?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure that Hulu video is DRM encumbered and download resistant. I don't know about VH1 and MTV (wow, somebody still watches this channel). Typically for streaming from official web pages like these you need to make use of a streaming media recorder such as Replay Media Catcher. This means that you have to record the stream in real time - no download.

(Edited to put in that final sentence.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot download from hulu because its files are rtmp-e and those files can be just captured. You should find a soft which record rtmp-e and I also saw that mtv files are also encrypted. I was in the same situation a while ago, I was looking for a way to capture video streaming from hulu and someone suggested me to try Tunebite from audials.com. I knew this soft as a converter, not a hulu downloader or an youtube downloader, but my curiosity led me to trying it and now I'm pretty impressed about its functions.
    I saw on its site that it can record mtv, there is also a helpful tutorial about this: http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/mtv.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. MTV/VH1 can be downloaded with RTMPDump. You can find the rtmp/rtmpe url with URL Snooper.
    Quote Quote