VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I'm trying to convert some MKV files with TMPEGEnc Express 4.0 (version 4.2.3.193). I can extract the subtitles and audio from the MKV file, but usually convert the video by directly inputing the MKV file on TMPEGEnc and converting it into m2v files. I do this because I want to burn them on DVD and need the m2v as video source for DVDLab Pro. However, since I installed Windows 7 on my PC I still convert the files, but now I get the subtitles hardcoded on the m2v file (the subtitles in the files I've tried so far are .sub with .idx and .srt). However, this did not happen when I had the same program version installed on Windows Vista. Does anyone know what may be going on and how can I keep this from happening? Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably a subtitle filter that is enabled by default.

If you play the mkv in windows media player do you see the subtitles?
    Have you installed any codec packs or ffdshow or vsfilter?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, my windows media player doesn't open mkvs, I don't know why, probably lacking some codec. But I have installed Combined Community Codec pack 2009.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah, yes. I uninstalled CCCP and installed it again. Now I can't even open the MKV files on TMPEGEnc
    Quote Quote