VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I own a Popcorn Hour A-110 media player which supports SUB/IDX external subtitles, but not when they are contained within an MKV file. (Something to do with the subs being compressed if put inside the MKV I believe, not sure).

I have some backups of DVDs which I currently have in ISO format on the media player, but they do sure take a lot of space. (Luckily I haven't started with bluray yet!) So I would like to convert the DVD ISOs to H.262(?)/MKV. I found this excellent utility Handbrake for doing this. However, I only have two options: 1) burn subs into the video and 2) contain subs inside MKV. Sadly, I don't like either option, 1) because I want to be flexible in the future and don't like burnt-in subs, and 2) because my media player doesn't support it.

So what's the easiest way to extract the subtitles in SUB/IDX format from my already existing ISO files?

Best regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VSRip. But I don't think it can open isos directly...but you could mount the iso using daemon tools or Virtual CloneDrive.
    Quote Quote