VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upgraded last year to a Canon HF100. I love the ability to just copy the video files to the computer and back them up.
    Got a Samsung Blu Ray player last month and have enjoyed making AVCHD DVD's.
    I have a ton of HDV tapes from a Canon HV10 and not sure how to best archive the HD video and also play them on a Blu Ray player. I imported some of the HDV to Sony Vegas 9 and it looks like it converted it to AVCHD format??? It looks good. I also need to figure out how to author a AVCHD disk from Vegas. The canon software ImageMixer 3 does it automatically for my HF100 footage.

I had heard I can write 20min of native HDV to a DVD-R that will play in Blu Ray player? Which software package is best? I have Neuro 9, Vegas 9, and pinnacle studio plus 12 - with little experience in any of them. So should I try to perserve the native HDV or convert to AVCHD?

Right now just archiving and basic HDTV playback are my concerns.

Also I have heard some Blu Ray players will play camcorder AVCHD with out authoring a disk. Just burn the video files stright to a DVD-R. This that true? And what brand Blu Ray players do that? I thought I should goto Best Buy and try out multiple players.

Thanks
    Laurence Grundy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hdv is 1440x1080 mpeg2. you can transfer the files to hard disc over firewire and store them there if you want. 13GB/hr. i'd give multiAVCHD a try for putting them on dvd for watching in HD from a blu-ray player. another one to try is avchdcoder. it shouldn't take much converting as the video is already blu-ray spec, the mpeg audio needs encoding to ac3 though.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote