VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few MKV files where the audio default is not English. How can I delete or switch the default audio track without re-encoding the whole video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found my answer. MKVMerge does it very easily.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hey gquiring,

I've seen your answer and downloaded the tool you recommended, but I can't find the way to change the default language or subtitles. Would you give some other hints?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's pretty easy to use. Just uncheck the tracks you don't want and save the file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Open the MKV file in MMG. Highlight the audio track you want to be the default. Under the General Track Options tab set Default Track Flag to Yes, other audio tracks to No. Press Start Muxing to create a new file. Beware that some players may not respond to those flags. For those players it might help to reorder the tracks so that the track you want is first after the video track (up/down buttons on the track list).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    thanks both of you for your answers. I moved my preferred audio track right after the video track, flagged it as default, unchecked the audio track I don't want, changed it to No default. The resulting file works perfect when played with VLC, but what I need is to play it with Chrome, so I can use my Chromecast.

Unfortunately the resulting file doesn't have any audio or subs when played in Chrome. Let me show you a screenshot

Original File:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	borrar.png
Views:	5310
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	30491

Resulting File:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	borrar 2.jpg
Views:	3816
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	30492