VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Really strange one here:

Just upgraded my Laptop to Windows 7 64bit (Same as my home machine)

Loaded and ran the latest BD Rebuilder and get the following error:

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

thougt it may be a win 7 64bit thing

but ran the same BD Rebuilder on my home machine and it runs fine.

Any suggestions. Searching the web did not help - kept saying to install the MSCOMCTL.OCX in the system32 folder and register it - however that file is not for a 64bit system and it is not on my home machine?

thanks in advance. eon
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    got it sorted

MSCOMCTL was missing from my SysWOW64 folder
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having the same problem on window 7 64 bit. Can't figure out how to register it. I placed it in the Wow64 but still no luck. I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me with this..........need to run BD-REBUILDER
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look at this page on how to register OCX in windows 64bit

http://faq.totalidea.com/question.php?ID=40

Extract from the page:

Copy and paste the MSCOMCTL.OCX file from C:\\Windows\\System32 into C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64

Browse to your command prompt via Start-->Accessories-->Command Prompt. Right click on that and select 'Run as administrator'.

A black window will open. Type "cd.." (WITHOUT QUOTES!) then press 'Enter'. Do this 2 times until you get C:> (the C drive is ususally where Windows is installed. If it is not there, look around and once you find the drive it is on type [driveletter:]. So if your drive was D you would type "D:" - without the quotes).

Type "cd windows" (or where ever your Windows directory is located). Then "cd syswow64", hit Enter. Type "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx". If you are successful you will get a message box saying "DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded."

This is what I ended up doing and it worked ok.

There is another link on the same site that has an installer.bat file for 64bit systems which will copy and register the OCX all in one go. But typing the above in a command prompt should do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Worked !!! Up and running bd-rebuilder. Thanks !!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Happy to be of help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I stumbled on the same problem, and found this thread.
    Even if your post is from a year ago: it worked fine for me. Great! thanks!
    The Dutchman
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    xzarkad - almost 11 years of membership and you don't know NOT to do what you did? Look, if everybody who got helped posted a message saying "thanks", many of our threads would be hundreds or thousands of posts long. If you got helped that is good, but we don't all need to know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. So I had this problem and resolved it but a couple new problems came up right after it...

First one is "Could not find a valid path for these required tools: X264.exe, tsmuxer.exe, wavi.exe, aften.exe, decomb.dll, smoothdeinterlacer.dll, blankclips, mkvmerge.exe Recommend you reinstall using all included files" I don't know what this even means but it seems pretty bad. Secondly right after clicking ok for that error a message pops up telling me that my windows 7 system may not be configured for ffdshow and offers to configure it for me. Great! I click ok because it says that if it isn't properly configured it may result in audio out of sync and encode errors. Problem is when I click ok for that I get an error saying "Run-time error '53': File not found". I have no clue what to do with that either. Can anyone help me with these issues? I'd really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote