VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a Sony television (KDL-40V5500) that claims to be able to play DV (same as mpeg2 ts?) and mpeg2 ps as well as "AVCHD".

However, I haven't been able to encode any AVCHD yet, that the television accepts to play back.

As I understand it AVCHD is just h.264 and aac in an mpeg ts container. But not all h.264 is alike

Could somebody help me out with finding out *specifically* what the TV accepts (or just suggestions) and the software to encode such video (I'm primarily using a mac).

The closest I have been is encoding h.264 and mp3 in a mpeg2 ts container stream with VLC. In this case the audio plays fine, but no video.

Any ideas very welcome!

Thanks,

-dennis
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd guess DV refers to DVavi. as for avchd your best bet is to try blu-ray spec. use something like AVCHDCoder, or the blu-ray preset in many encoders/guis.
    not sure if there is a mac equivalent. next time you might try posting in the mac forum if you need specific mac advise. you can change the title of this one to include "mac" by clicking the edit button in the original post.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the input. As it turns out I found two methods that will work with this specific TV:

1) Re-muxing the DVD vob file into MPEG TS (with VLC - no transcoding)

2) H.264 (Main@5.0 I think) from Handbrake remuxed into MPEG TS with tsMuxeR

-dennis
    Quote Quote