VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For quite some time now i have experienced "dropped frames" and i wasn't sure if the vcr was faulty (old) or the softwares or something else.
    I tried many softwares: virtual vcr, fly2000tv, win dvr3.Recording in mpeg2 on the fly seemed to be ok while recording in .avi, huff lossless was a challenging task.

It's only today the answer of this puzzling problem became apparent:
    Recording the videos into a new hdd was the solution.Not a single frame was missing.
    I tried 1, 2,3 tapes: heck, everything was perfect.
    It's not like i didn't know this actually but i had other priorities than buying a new hdd.

So to recap: 2hdd's (7200rpm or higher), 1 for the OS+ another to put your recorded files, that's the key of success.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I normally use 3 HDD's with new computer builds for video. Most video operations are between the two additional drives. I put the programs on the boot. The boot drive is accessed by the OS almost constantly, so not a good setup for fast disc access. Partitions on the boot drive don't really help either. Same drive, same controller.

But glad you got it all working better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That leads back to fragmentation problems, usually. Defrag. New hard drive not needed. Unless it's sharing the OS drive, of course.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote