VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok...new here..
    I have an old RCA higher quality vhs camera (big lens excellent vhs and nearly unlimited light filming ability)

I own a Fujipix S3000 cam and bought some 512MB M cards and a reader to read them

I have a great custom built computer that was custom built in 2002 to do a lot of work in audio and gaming and has things done to the north south bridge (?) that is supposed to make it efficient.

ATI video card (one of the best in 2002 with remote etc and external vid input dongle ect)

Soundblaster audio card (one of the better ones in 2002 but not a professional mixer piece)

I have a dvd player (several cheap ones) , and a Compaq nx9008 laptop business machine

Now the question......

I need to do some ready good vids of RC planes and how-to vids for youtube . Most camcorders (cheaper) and my S3000 just don't seem to create any kind of quality for the tube.....or even viewable quality on the HP laptop

The old RCA does some eye-popping videos in vhs and has a LOT better resolution and being larger and heavier is much more stable to shoot with albeit a crappy black/white eyepiece monitor.

Would is be better to shoot the videos (R/C planes moving very fast at approx 100-300' distance and small and darting around like a bat) with the RCA VHS (which takes a good pic and is easy to track plane and has great and smooth zoom) and load it through the ATI card to computer and then through NERO burning Rom to an edited file and then burn it to DVD or flash drive then to laptop for upload to youtube or to place on my website.

-or-

Take the vids with the limited capabilities of the Fujipix S3000 to a XD M card and then through a reader to the laptop then to youtube

-or-

The new Aiptek 200 HD takes some great HD vids and is only $89 and can load them to a card and be loaded to the laptop through the reader for upload to youtube....a much simpler process...but I have no vid editing software on the laptop.

Advantage also is the Aiptek can be ran through a (onboard plane) transmitter and linked to a ground receiver to a tv monitor or laptop vid in and simultaneously record HD to card of the flight from the plane (due to light weight /small size) Can't do that with the huge RCA VHS.

Keep in mind I need to do several tasks in decent quality including the DIY vids as well as the other descriptions, but have a very limited budget even though I have these other items for use.
    Real Moving pictures!! In color!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It seems the real question is how to get the best quality to YouTube. You might check these threads:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic333660.html
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic336882.html

Both of them are fairly long, but a lot of good information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote