VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very sorry if this posted more than once. I have tried hitting the submit button a few times, yet can not see my post for some reason?

1) Hello. I am new to video and just purchased a canon hf 20 camcorder. I have a dell latitude d820 laptop. It has a duo core 2.0 ghz processor, 4 mb ram, windows vista, NVIDIA Quadro 120M 256MB graphics card, and 1280x1024 resolution. Now when I try to play a mts file that I have recorded with my hf20 using Splash Lite software it is extremely clear but plays very slow and choppy. Is my computer not good enough to run these HD files? BtwI recorded them at a 24fps frame rate, 30fps frame rate, and 60fps frame rate. They all play very slowly on my computer but look just fine when I play them back on my camcorder. Is there better software I need to download or anything I can do to make these files play back at a normal speed? I am thinking about upgrading to windows 7, will that help at all?

2) If I want to upload some videos to facebook or youtube or some internet site do I need to convert the mts file to something else? If you convert the mts file to another format do you lose the quality of the video?

Thank you for any help that anyone can offer. It is very appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Try mpchc.

2. You probably need to convert, try simple all-in-one software like handbrake, xmedia recode, format factory and convert to mp4 h264 video or avi xvid video.
    Quote Quote