VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Video Help members,
    I've read this article ( https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=SONY+BDP-S360&hits=50&Search=Search ) regarding how to make region free of SONY BDP-S360 and thanks to the author's report.

I have questions of the report:
    1. What's the "magic button"??
    2. What's the "24p light (centre light)"??

Could anyone please tell me the answers of above two stupid questions??
    Thank you all so much.

Leo
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you read ALL of the hack entries...including the links to the BDP-350 hacks you will find that they are talking about an aftermarket remote....an "All In One" remote....NOT the Sony remote.
    And the region free hack is ONLY FOR DVD PLAYBACK...not BluRay.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The 24p light seems to be a light on the device.

Yes, just as hech54 says you have to buy a special remote to try to do this hack. I have to warn you that because manufacturers make changes in hardware all the time, there is always a chance that this hack won't work now. So it is possible that if you buy the remote that you will still not be able to make the player become region free for DVD playback. Sony players are typically among the most difficult in the world to make region free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear hech54 and jman98,

Thank you so much for you two's replies! ^^
    Yes, i am awared that the hacks report are talking about the aftermarket remote, an "all in one" remote, and I have one actually.

Recently I've got one SONY BDP-S360, a BlueRay DVD player, in Taiwan. All the DVDs I own and rent are DVD only, not BlueRay disc.

I brought some DVDs back from US and would like to review those great movies, but it couldn't be played via BDP-S360 because of region problem.

jman98, yes, I am also awared that there is always a chance the hack won't work now because the manufacturers make changes in hardware ALL THE TIME. But, I have to try, right? ^^

Several years ago when I was still in US, I used one hack on APEX AD-1200 DVD player and it did work. That time, I didn't use any all-in-one remote. I guess it's because APEX is an very small and China brand.

Back to my questions, I still don't know which button on the all-in-one remote is the "magic button"...........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC, on a One-For-All (not "all in one") URC, the Magic button is marked as a Top Hat.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leochen
    jman98, yes, I am also awared that there is always a chance the hack won't work now because the manufacturers make changes in hardware ALL THE TIME. But, I have to try, right? ^^
    No problem. The reason I mentioned that the hack still might not work is because the remote is expensive. We had a guy here who asked about it and when I warned him that we could not guarantee that if he bought the remote that the hack would still work on his player, he decided not to try. He did not want the remote except to try to make the player region free and if there was any chance that it wouldn't work, it was too risky for him. Since you already have the remote, there's additional cost to you so good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does anyone know the equivalent key sequence for radioshacks universal remote 15-2138, any help would be greatly appreciated, tks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried the published hack on my S360 with a one4all URC 7781 and it appears to work right up until the point where it's meant to suceed.

Had any body else made it work with that combination of devices?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,
    can I show a divx with open region code ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ermannof
    Hi All,
    can I show a divx with open region code ?

Thanks
    No. This player does not support Divx playback. Unlocking the region, if it truly is possible to do that, does not make Divx to start to work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have just purchaed a new sony BDP-S360 along with a New all in one Kameleon remote to carry out the hack to make it region free, but my player is not responding and the magic button does not flash twice whilst i am putting in the digits.
    Please help if anyone has done this hack using a kameleon remote, and let me know how it should be done, i am getting very frustrated with it...
    If this is not the correct all in one remote to use, what is the model number that i should be using?.

Many thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I managed to hack my Sony S360 BDP with AVAddict's hack posted 1 September 2009. I was using a OneForAll URC-7740 remote (bought from Argos in the UK), the firmware on my player is 11.4.007 (updated over the internet 7 March 2010). I had previously used the OneForAll URC-8305 Kameleon 5 but this DID NOT WORK. Important to note that although the URC-7740 allowed me to hack the player I cannot use it to operate the machine - none of the codes provided by OneForAll work!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Does anyone know if this player will play the BD-r Low to high disks (LTH).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xxtelecine 7xx View Post
    Does anyone know if this player will play the BD-r Low to high disks (LTH).
    Good question, but you probably should have made a new thread for it. You're new here (welcome, by the way), but in general it's not a good idea to do what you did as arguably you have tried to hijack a thread specific to unlocking this player. The original thread wasn't about what the player would or would not play but about unlocking it.

Early reports are that support for this type of media seems to be rather poor. If you can't get a definitive answer, my suggestion would be that you not use it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BLU-RAY DISC TYPE LTH from VERBATIM works perfectly on my BDP-S360 bought in BH Photo Video in New York on May 2009...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Just picked up the URC 7960 and attempted the hack codes on a German region 2 S360 machine. Get to the last step and do the 12345 and machine turns off. In fact the 5 button is now acting as an on/off button. My region 1 DVDs still will not play. Have software version 11.4.011.

Seems someone else posted in the comments below the hack having encountered this problem with a US region 1 machine.

Has anyone else encountered this, know why it is happening, and/or learned of a solution?

Hack
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-bdp-s360/10264

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the manufacturers make hardware changes during production that break hacks that worked in the past. Perhaps that has happened here.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING made by Sony or Samsung if I wanted it to become region free. Their DVD and BluRay players are the most difficult in the world to unlock.
    Quote Quote