VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I have this same problem but i don't have a samsung tv. I'm using a Logik L22LDVB21, i have it set up as my second monitor, i've tried with the hdmi cable on it's own, and with a DVI adapter on the end of it, neither fixed it. The text is just blury, i've changed the sharpness to 0, but the one thing i keep seeing people suggest is to change the channel name to PC. But i cannot find how to do this :/

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SoLiD` View Post
    ...The text is just blury, i've changed the sharpness to 0, but the one thing i keep seeing people suggest is to change the channel name to PC. But i cannot find how to do this :/
    That is just a quirk in the Samsung user interface. It won't apply to Logik.

Understand that for best text clarity the desktop, display card settings and monitor (native resolution) must be the same. Since your monitor is native 1920x1080, the display card should be sending 1920x1080 and the 2nd desktop should be 1920x1080. Blurring occurs when either the display card or monitor try to rescale.

The goal is 1:1 pixel mapping through the full chain to the monitor.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi edDV,
    By looking at SoLiD's post, i think that using hdmi to DVI adapter won't solve my problem either. The reason being the signal is still sent by hdmi cable and the adapter just re-arranges the pins. Right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Feena View Post
    Hi edDV,
    By looking at SoLiD's post, i think that using hdmi to DVI adapter won't solve my problem either. The reason being the signal is still sent by hdmi cable and the adapter just re-arranges the pins. Right?
    The assumption is the DVI-D port is configured for 1:1 pixel mapping (no overscan) while the HDMI port is default configured to overscan. The electrical connection is the same either way.

The OP and others are complaining they can't turn HDMI overscan off in the menus.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also just made an account to say thanks! HDMI -> PC rename worked like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I also just made an account to say thanks for the name editing fix (although my tv has a DVI PC option which is what I use). I was about to return the dvi->hdmi cable I just bought and give up on hooking up computers to tv's via hdmi forever. I do see in my tv's manual under Edit Name that it tells you to do this for pc inputs, but it sounds more like an optional thing than something you have to do to get it to work correctly. It really should be in the Connecting To A PC section and written with more emphasis.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got an insignia 32" to use for a monitor. Same problem with the unclear text. Screwed around with monitor settings, went into the Catalyst on windows and messed with settings, tried all HDMI ports, renamed the input to PC,...nada. Then I got an HDI to HDMI adapter and that did the trick. I'm frustrated with this solution because I need to run some other wires for the audio. Also...it just doesn't make sense to me. My monitor doesn't have this AV Mode thing to try...but at least the screen looks great.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by phantom2011 View Post
    On Samsung monitors ( at least on mine - 22 inch)

- click on the Source button on your remote
    - Select the appropriate HDMI source
    - Click on the "Tools" button on your remote - this should bring up options for you to select the input type
    - Select PC
    & see your display transformed instantly !

All the best ....
    BINGO! Thank you!

Just upgraded to a new laptop. Although it has the same Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics as the old one, the new laptop produces blurred images on my Samsung 22" monitor through the VGA port -- 1-pixel lines are smudged into 2 pixels. A partial fix was changing the scan rate from 60 Hz to 70 Hz in the Intel graphics menu. But the VGA image was still less sharp than the old laptop, a big disappointment.

Switching over to the HDMI connection, the image had different (but equally objectionable) artifacts due to overscan correction. As you wrote, it was simply a matter of redefining the HDMI source as a PC -- display transformed instantly!

Samsung's manual for the monitor doesn't offer a clue about this obvious troubleshooting issue that plenty of users will encounter when connecting a PC to the monitor with an HDMI cable.

I registered to say 'thanks' and to help bump this post in search ratings so others can find it. Amazing how a task as simple as connecting a PC to a monitor turns into an electronics hobbyist project. At least I didn't need a soldering iron to complete it ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi everyone,

I also found a solution in the "Name" property of the input for my TA550, but sadly it was a temporary one. When i plug my pc into HDMI1 the picture is nice and clear, but the problem is most of the settings are disabled on my monitor. The single most annoying one is the auto-dimming which i just hate when playing any game with dark areas. If i use the second HDMI-port all the options are available, but the image looks like crap, as mentioned above text is blurry and the colors are off. The namechange doesn't work with the second port, so I was wondering if anyone has come up with any other solution? Having to choose between a better image with auto-dimming and a worse image without it is driving me nuts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The issue here is that you have a tv that acts as a monitor rather than a dedicated monitor.

You appears to have one hdmi port that is dedicated for PC use and that gives the clear picture whereas the other is really intended just for tv use.

If your graphics card has dual hdmi output you could connect both to the tv and switch the output on the PC when you need to.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I see. Didn't even realise that it makes a difference if it's a dedicated monitor or a tv, but I guess it makes sense.
    Seems like the only option really is to just switch between the two, which of course is only a minor inconvenience. Still, can't help but wonder why on earth the settings for so much stuff are locked when in "pc-mode". Other stuff I don't even mind but this automatic dimming crap is just unbelievable.

Anyways, thanks for quick reply
    Quote Quote  
  12. I am so happy to finally solve this issue. My headache is gone and my vision is back to normal!!! If you want to know how I solved this funky text issue you can try my two step solution for yourself....READ THIS Please comment and let me know if it helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by webtechmike View Post
    I am so happy to finally solve this issue. My headache is gone and my vision is back to normal!!! If you want to know how I solved this funky text issue you can try my two step solution for yourself....READ THIS Please comment and let me know if it helps.
    READ THIS link is dead
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by bendixG15 View Post
    READ THIS link is dead
    Sorry I messed up my htaccess file. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the link: http://mobilewebtechs.com/blog.php
    Quote Quote