VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.
    If I have now recordin and edit my movie that is in 1080 HD and I like to save it on the harddrive.
    What do I have to do to save it as good as possible?
    It is alot to choose when it time to render.

When I looking after a tutorial in Youtube I only find how to save it in WMV to upload it to the youtube but
    I'm not going save it on the internet. I have see and download some example clip and have see they are in very very good quality but still
    very small. And when I use Mediainfo it don't say so much more then what codec it use and that and I know it is not any WMV.

Do anyone have any tutorial to help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could save it as a lossless format e.g. lagarith or huffyuv , but the filesize will be huge (still about 1/2 size as uncompressed). This is "as good as possible"

If you use other forms of lossy compression, there will be varying degrees of quality loss

Youtube re-encodes everything with a low bitrate, so the file you upload is not the same as you download
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mm yes lossless is good when I have to edit and that but when everthing is finnish and it is time to create the movie I like to have a good quality.
    When I did recording in DV I save it in Xvid in a good quality but now I like to save it HDV in better quality like AVC.

/Update
    A little update, I think I have found it and I have to now find out what is the best bitrate to use.
    Quote Quote