VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any stand alone DVD players that can handle both rmvb and flv files? I am trying to back up a bunch of such files onto DVD-R and I am hoping to not have to do any conversion. And these files are for an old lady that is somewhat tech-challenged; that's why I'm hoping for a player that will let her just pop a disc in and press play without jumping through hoops. Does such player exist? I'm thinking I probably have to look abroad for this kind of hardware... Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.meritline.com/karaoke-mpeg4-rmvb-player-iview-6000kr-with-usb-drive---p-34710.aspx supports rmvb but I haven't seen any basic dvd player with both rmvb and flash flv support.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not personally aware of any DVD players or media players that support Flash. I've had to convert everything in Flash format if I want to watch it anywhere except on a PC.

DVD players that play formats like Divx and in this case RMVB have menus that have to be accessed for file playback. While not incredibly complex, it's not exactly "pop a disc in and press play" either. If there is more than 1 video per disc, the correct video will have to be selected first and then the user will have to press Play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think your better off just buying a hard drive/usb media player like the BRITE-VIEW player.
    Quote Quote