VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I converted several DVDs to MKV files using MakeMKV. No problems.
    I've used Handbrake to convert several files to differing formats. No problems.
    But when I use HB to convert (shrink) files created with MakeMKV to smaller MKVs, it get choppy audio...every time.
    I've tried every audio option available and every preset as well, always with the same results. Also, I've attempted to view the videos on four different players.

In my infinite wisdom, and in a fit of frustration, I deleted all of the non-working files, so no MediaInfo to post.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I've seen a few posts with similar problems, but never the same problem.

Thank you for any assistance y'all can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried another converter? Xvid4psp, Ripbot264, format factory, etc.
    Have you tried copy/passthrough the audio? It should be possible in latest handbrake I think.

Do you get same problems then?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Microsoft Security Essentials went crazy when I went to install Format Factory...going to give Ripbot264 a try.

(some sort of trojan clicker...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Popi
    Microsoft Security Essentials went crazy when I went to install Format Factory...going to give Ripbot264 a try.

(some sort of trojan clicker...)
    Hmm... I have no problem with Format Factory installed on two PCs: one has NOD security and the other Microsoft Forefront client security.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The new version of Handbrake fixed whatever was causing the issue. I have to admit, MakeMKV and Handbrake are two very awesome programs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Belay my last...I was mistaken.

Handbrake still hates the movie (Disney's Atlantis) that I ripped with MakeMKV. Turns out just about everything hates the movie. DVD Shrink gives me a .VOB with an AR of 1187x328 (or something very close to that...going from memory here), and RibBot gives me nice big green blocks intermixed with the video to watch. Every other movie I've converted using MakeMKV/Handbrake/DVD Shrink has worked beautifully.

The only thing that has "worked" is going straight to .MKV with MakeMKV, but that of course gives me a file size of about 3.1GB, and I'd like to get it down to around 1.8GB.

Not a big deal, not going to worry about it any longer....

BTW...setting up my new WDTV Live took less time than me figuring out how to set the alarm on my watch...great little media player.
    Quote Quote