VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    it was working in virtual dub but now it just shows a black screen and whenever I click on capture it flickers then virtdub tells me it was unable to start the capture device. I have tried other capture programs with the same results.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried uninstall the ati wonder drivers and reinstall them or try latest drivers?
    Have you installed any other video tools lately that could have cause problems?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and switched pci slots around. I have the latest drivers. I think my card might be defective.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can check your card using Graphedit.
    Insert ATi AVStream Analog Xbar, ATI Analog Stream Capture and from DirectShow filters Video Renderer. Connect first two (see picture) and the last Video Renderer at ATI Video Capture Output. From Xbar click right and select composite or S-Video and from ATI Analog Stream Capture >> Video decoder NTSC standard. Before hit play connect a video source at composite or S-Video input.

With this card you can`t see or capture tape protected by MacroVision without removing protection before with external TBC.

More topics about capturing using Theatre 550/650:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic374167.html
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic374225.html
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic369372.html#1978504
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1:

a: Enter computer manager > device manager and check for items not installed correctly
    b: Check properties of capture device, general tab for device errors if any

In general if drivers are loaded but device cannot be found error, either device is in conflict with another device and its resources (reposition to other pci slot) or device is defective

2:

a: Check add/remove programs (xp), program features (vista) for all products and updates installed since problem appeared ... ms has a history of supplying updates which cause these faults.

3:

a: Fill in some details of current operating system and it's hardware ... makes the issue harder to diagnose
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    everything looks ok in dev man. Every things says this device is working properly. running windows vista 64bit home.
    Tried graphedit exactly as it was posted here-nothing but a black screen.
    Quote Quote